We offer more than 75 crushed stone products available in a variety of colors, sizes, and gradations.
The Silvi Group Companies have experienced rapid growth over the last five years, adding over 150 employees during that time. Despite this expansion in our employee group, over 25% of our people have been with the Silvi Group more than 10 years, proving that working for Silvi is not just a job, but a career.
We know that maintaining our employee relationships and company culture in the face of growth can be difficult. To meet that challenge the Silvi Group has doubled down on its investment in training, benefits, equipment and technology to improve the work environment and experience for our employees.
– Defying industry trends, the Silvi Group continues to offer cost effective high value benefits plans to eligible fulltime employees, including a 7% match on retirement contributions and an affordable no deductible/no co-insurance personal choice health plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield.
– Silvi has invested over $40 million dollars to purchase 166 new trucks in the last five years, bringing the average age of Silvi’s fleet to an industry best of 3.99 years old).
– Silvi outfits each truck with the latest technology, including camera systems for safety training, tire pressure monitoring software and tablets.
– Every Silvi Group employee participates in our annual Safety Day training to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to safely complete their jobs.
– Silvi provides additional specialized training to give employees the ability to take their careers to the next level. These training opportunities include Smith System Driver Training, Electrical Apprenticeship Programs, Management Development Classes and offsite crusher/maintenance training, as well as NRMCA coursework and certifications in Quality Control, Operations Management, Sales and Driver Safety.
– The Silvi Group empowers employees to blaze their own trail by offering up to $2,000 in annual tuition reimbursement for coursework related to an employee’s responsibilities.
– The Silvi Group works to develop the next generation of industry leaders by donating upwards of $50,000 annually to the Concrete Industry Management Program at the New Jersey Institute of Technology. Silvi Group employees back up this financial commitment by dedicating their own time to the program by serving on the Board of Directors, teaching various classes, acting as mentors and providing employment opportunities for CIM students.
Whether it’s the Company’s broader investment in equipment, technology and employee development, or keeping employee benefit programs affordable with comprehensive coverage, Silvi is dedicated to maintaining a positive atmosphere as we continue to grow. Operating for over 70 years, Silvi is one of the strongest and longest standing construction materials suppliers in the North East, in large part due to the diligence and work ethic of our employees. If you are hardworking, dedicated and want to be part of a great team, you should be working for the Silvi Group Companies.